The mission of the Hamburg Public School District is to provide an education, which will enable students to acquire the knowledge, skills, and values necessary to become contributing members of society.
The educational program will enable each student to develop emotionally, socially, psychologically, and cognitively within his or her abilities and interests.
The mission of the Hamburg Public School District, therefore, is to develop an educational program that is under constant evaluation, allows all students to achieve the New Jersey Student Learning Standards at all grade levels, and is dedicated to providing experiences relative to the demands of modern society in an effort to best prepare our students for success in college and career.
- We believe in the worth and dignity of each person.
- We believe that all students are entitled to the opportunity to maximize their talents and abilities.
- We believe that students thrive in a learning environment that facilitates self-discovery, exploration, and intellectual risk-taking.
- We believe that a quality education is a life-long process that fosters academic and cultural understanding.
- We believe that an effective education is a shared responsibility by all students, parents, educators, and organizations within our community.
- We believe that we have the obligation to nurture a culture of respect that honors the uniqueness of the individual and fosters responsibility toward the community and the environment.
- We believe that an effective educational system anticipates, plans, and acts in response to a changing world.